13-month-old girl raped, toddler molested in Solapur
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
In two separate incidents, a local youth has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-month-old girl, while a senior citizen was held for molesting a minor girl, police said on Monday.
One Vishal Shivaji Kamble has been arrested for raping the 13-month-old girl in Fakhroddin slum three days ago, police said.
In the second incident, 61-year-old Radheshyam Kisan Yemul, a resident of Bidi Gharkul locality, was arrested after he allegedly molested a 2-year-old girl last night.
According to the MIDC police, Yemul lured the child with biscuits, took her to his room and allegedly sexually abused her. However, the child was rescued when neighbours came to the spot after she started screaming. Yemul was roughed up by the mob and was later handed over to the police.
Protesting against these two incidents, local people pelted stones at the police stations in various parts of the city.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters, former CPM MLA Narsayya Adam expressed his displeasure over the "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city.
"If two toddlers can be sexually abused in three days in the hometown of the Union Home Minister (Sushilkumar Shinde), imagine what could happen elsewhere in the country?" he said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'