13-yr-old girl kidnapped, police hunt for youth
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Malwani police is on the lookout for a 19-year-old boy who allegedly kidnapped a 13-year-old girl from Malad (West) on Sunday. The accused, who has been identified only as Azad, kidnapped the girl and took her to Assam, said the police.
A police team left for Assam on Tuesday to nab Azad, who is unemployed, after they traced a phone call that the girl's parents received from their daughter on Monday. Police said the girl, a resident of Gate Number 6 area in Malwani, Malad, was missing since Sunday. The parents registered a missing person's complaint. The police reportedly learnt that Azad, who is an acquaintance of the family and visited their house regularly, was also missing from the locality.
Senior inspector A Shaikh said a kidnapping case had been registered. "The parents of the girl approached us after they learnt that Azad was also missing from the locality," said Shaikh.
On Monday, the girl's parents received a phone call from her. "The girl informed her parents that she was fine and then hung up," Shaikh added.
The police found that the call had been made from Assam.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’