14 days and 15 lakh visitors later, IITF ends
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Over 430 overseas exhibitors from 23 countries and more than 6,000 Indian exhibitors took part in the fair, organisers said.
Though the fair was promoted as a business-to-business event, it was retail buyers who thronged the India International Trade Fair-2012, which concluded here on Tuesday.
The 32nd edition of the 14-day fair saw a footfall of over 15 lakh people, organisers said.
Chairman-cum-Managing Director, India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), Rita Menon said the fair received 283 foreign trade delegations from 43 countries ,who came to the IITF looking for products of interest.
Menon said this year's fair had seen the largest number of overseas exhibitors ever. "Over 430 overseas exhibitors from 23 countries and more than 6,000 exhibitors took part in IITF -2012," Menon said.
Speaking of infrastructural constraints in expanding the fair, Menon said, "We are drawing a redevelopment plan for expanding the fair."
The ITPO chief attributed the success of the fair to new initiatives like online allocation of space, logistics improvement and golf carts to ferry visitors.
Among the Indian pavilions, Assam won the gold medal for excellence in display and Kerala bagged the silver. A special commendation award was presented to Punjab and Rajasthan in the same category.
Among foreign visitors, partner country Belarus bagged the gold while focus country South Africa won the silver. Turkey received a special commendation award.
At this year's fair, a special award for the best culinary experience also was constituted.
Maharashtra took the gold for its cuisine and cleanliness around their food court while Kerala came in second.
For government departments and ministries, the Ministry of Agriculture bagged the gold and the Ministry of Power and its constituents won the silver medal. A commendation certificate was given to the Income Tax department under the same category.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow