150 SMEs to attend Noida trade fair
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Over 150 representatives from the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) across the tricity will be participating in an industrial trade show to be held in Noida in November.
The announcement was made by representatives from Hannover Milano Fairs India Ltd (HMFI) and various industry associations at a press conference on Monday.
The trade fair, organised by HMFI, will be held from November 21-24 in Noida. Around 400 exhibitors from India and abroad will participate in the fair. Since 2007, the fair was being organised in Mumbai. However, this year, the organisers decided to move up North, seeking more participation of SMEs from the northern region.
"The fair will provide a window to the SMEs from this region to understand the technologies used by manufacturers across the globe and hence upgrade their own processes accordingly," said Umesh Unnikrishnan, marketing head, HMFI. The industrial delegates from across the tricity will be selected by the supporting associations, including the Haryana Chambers of Commerce and Industries (HCCI), Industries Association of Chandigarh (IAOF), Mohali Industries Association (MIA) and Derabassi Industries Association (DIA) and their trip will be sponsored by HMFI.
Also addressing the conference, Vishnu Goel, chairman, HCCI, said, "Two years ago, we sent a team of 25 delegates from the Panchkula region to Germany for a trade fair but it was not really beneficial as the technologies on display were almost two generations ahead of what we are still using here. This (fair) will definitely help us bridge the gap between where our SMEs are and where they need to be to compete on the global front."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'