15-year-old girl to be honoured for resisting rape bid
A teenaged girl who had successfully resisted a rape bid will be honoured in Bihar on Republic Day.
Madhepura district administration will honour the 15-year-old girl, who had warded off a youth's attempt to rape her when she was alone at her home in Kusthani village on Wednesday, official sources said on Friday.
District police superintendent Saurav Kumar Sah said the girl put up a brave defence and attacked the 19-year-old youth with a sharp weapon, injured him and forced him to flee.
An FIR was later registered at Udaikisunganj police station based on the girl's statement.
The youth is under treatment at Udaikisunganj under police supervision.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations