16-yr-old boy killed by jeep in DIG’s cavalcade
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 16-year-old boy was killed when the motorcycle he was riding hit an escort vehicle of the Allahabad DIG's cavalcade in George Town area of the city on Thursday. Police said prima facie it appeared that the boy had lost control of his motorcycle and got hit by the gypsy.
Senior SP (Allahabad), Mohit Agrawal said, "The escort vehicle collided with the motorcycle as the latter suddenly veered towards the wrong carriageway. The George Town police is handling the matter." DIG (Allahabad Range) N Ravindra could not be contacted despite repeated attempts.
The police said that Akash Singh, son of Vijay Bahadur Singh, a resident of Lukerganj, was going from Balson Chauraha towards Civil Lines when the incident took place on G T Road around 4 pm.
"The boy first hit a cyclist, following which he lost control of his motorcycle and came right in front of the escort gypsy. Before the gypsy's driver could take evasive action, the boy was hit. He died on the spot," said a police officer.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that Akash was a student of Class 9 in Bishop Johnson School.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’