21 killed as bus and mini truck collide in Uttar Pradesh
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
21 people were killed and 28 others were injured, some of them seriously, when an Uttarakhand roadways bus collided head-on with a mini-truck at Lakahooti area early this morning, police said here.
The accident occurred at around 5 AM when the bus, on its way to Haldwani town of Uttarakhand from here, rammed into the mini-truck, carrying people from Garhmukteshwar, they said.
17 people died on the spot while four of the victims succumbed to their injuries at the hospital, Bulanshahr SSP Gulab Singh said.
The twentyeight injured have been admitted to government hospitals, he said.
Police and Health department personnel have reached the spot and rescue operations are underway, the SSP said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’