18 more buses launched under cluster scheme
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Eighteen additional buses were launched under the bus cluster scheme on Saturday. These buses will mainly ply in North and West Delhi and will operate on two more routes — 78 and 108. These buses will operate from the bus depot at Banda Bahadur Marg in North Delhi. These new routes are from clusters 3 and 5. Route number 78 operates from Azadpur to Inderpuri JJ Colony, while number 108 operates from Nehru Vihar/Balak Ram Hospital to H N Clock Tower. Eight buses will ply on route number 78 and 10 on number 108.
Some important stops of route number 78 are Azadpur, Wazipur Depot, Punjabi Bagh, Shadipur Depot, Naraina Industrial Area and Inderpuri. Route number 108 will have stops at Balak Ram Hospital, Mall Road, Khalsa College and Hari Nagar Clock Tower. The buses on these routes will also provide connectivity to the Metro. At present only 247 buses are plying under the cluster scheme due to lack of depot space in Delhi.
Meanwhile, an intra-city bus service was launched in Leisure Valley Park, Gurgaon, on Saturday. In the first phase, 72 buses will ply along four routes.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'