19-year-old critical after expressway bike crash
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 19-year-old boy was critically injured in a motorcycle accident on Sunday morning near Pari Chowk on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Kunal Bhatia is currently battling for his life at the ICU of Kailash Hospital in Greater Noida.
"He was admitted at at 7.35 am with severe head injuries. His condition is still critical. He is on ventilator support," a police officer said.
Bhatia lives with his parents in South Delhi's South Extension area. His father is with a real estate firm based in Gurgaon.
Eyewitness said Bhatia was part of a group of motorcyclists who were racing on the expressway.
"People said they saw several motorbikes at high speed. We are trying to verify this. Investigation is on," an officer said. No case has been registered thus far, he said.
A resident of the area, who saw the accident, said youngsters often indulged in motorcycle races on that stretch of the expressway.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held