2 arrested, cocaine and LSD seized
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
The Pune crime branch on Monday arrested two including a a Nigerian national and seized 35 gm cocaine and 7.5 gm LSD worth Rs 3.99 lakh from their possession. Shahaji Solunkhe, additional commissioner of police (crime) said that the anti-narcotics cell of crime branch led by senior inspector Suhas Nadgouda laid a trap in Koregaon park after receiving a tip-off.
Police identified the arrested as Nomso Honnah alias Suso (25) of Nigeria and Ajitsingh alias Bob Bhagvania (29).
Solunkhe, addressing a press conference said, "Suso is a criminal on the records of the Narcotics Control Bureau. He is wanted in several cases of drug trafficking." Police suspect Suso brought cocaine and LSD either from Goa or Rajasthan. Before coming to Pune, Suso had visited Goa, Bangalore, Rajasthan and Mumbai, he said.
Senior inspector Nadgouda said that the anti-narcotics cell had received a tip-off that two persons including a foreigner were involved in selling drugs in Koregaon Park area. "We had specific information on the suspects and even the registration number of their motorcycles," Nadgouda said. He said that the police team laid a trap at lane number 8 in Koregaon Park on Monday and nabbed the duo.
Deputy commissioner of police (crime) Rajesh Bansode said that the police are now investigating to nail the buyers to whom the duo intended to sell the drugs in the city. "We are probing cocaine and LSD trafficking links," Bansode said. He said the to arrested were remanded in police custody for three days.
In a separate incident, Pune crime branch on Tuesday arrested two foreign nationals, Umerhoja Francis (27) of Kenya and Ibraheem Owodunni (45) of Nigeria for illegally living in the country. Both have been charged under the Foreigners Act and have been handed over to the Koregaon Park police station for investigations.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'