2 arrested in police trap; gold, cash recovered
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
UT Police has arrested two persons, following a secret trap at ISBT Sector 17 at 5.30 pm on Tuesday. The two arrested have been identified as Rajesh Kumar, who is a resident of District Hissar, Haryana and Ravinder, a resident of village Daria.
A team of ISBT-17 Police Post officials carried out the trap. During preliminary investigation, the accused confessed that they had stolen gold jewellery, cash, ATM cards, documents etc. From the two arrested, stolen articles, gold jewellery and cash pertaining to FIRs filed in November last year were recovered.
The police have made a recovery of Rs 6 lakh from their possession. This recovery has been affected on the instance of the accused by a team headed by ASI Manjeet Singh under the supervision of SI Harminderjit Singh I/C ISBT, Police Station-17, Chandigarh.
Rajesh Kumar is a class X pass-out and has been running a property business in Hissar. The other accused, Ravinder Kumar, has studied upto Class XII and works in the private sector. "We are expecting recovery of more from the two," said DSP Ashish Kapoor.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held