2 cars upturned in accident, occupants escape serious injury
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In a miraculous escape, six persons were saved as two cars were upturned and were badly damaged.
The accident took place late Tuesday evening between the Hallomajra light point and Airport Light point where the two cars which were at a high speed going towards Zirakpur had a clash.
Piyush, occupant of one of the cars, SX4 which was hit said, "Five drunk occupants of an Indigo car came from behind. They were trying to overtake my car and in the process hit my car from the side due to which his car as well as mine were upturned since I was at a considerable speed. My car hit the street light pole".
Piyush was standing on the road with minor injuries and was assisting police officials in removing the car from the divider.
The Indica car was totally damaged and out of the five occupants of the car, four fled and one was arrested by the police. All the persons including the driver of the SX4, Piyush sustained minor bruises. Police has registered a case for rash driving.
The traffic was blocked for 20 minutes till a crane was brought and put into operation to put the cars away from the road. The Indica which hit the SX4 car while overtaking was damaged from the front. Also, a street light pole and an electricity box were completely damaged.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet