2 held for trying to molest foreigner
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Two engineering students on Tuesday were arrested by the Chandigarh Police for trying to outrage the modesty of a foreign national.
The incident happened at 2.30 am when two students, Hamif Muteb, 26, and Zainab, 23 ó both natives of Uganda ó were going to the latter's residence. The two accused, Karan and Mandeep, came in a car and tried to outrage Zainab's modesty.
When Hamif tried to stop them, an argument ensued. The foreigners ignored the duo and went to Zainab's accommodation, where the accused followed them and threw stones at them.
Soon thereafter, the victims alerted the police, which caught the accused after a chase. Later, they were booked for criminal intimidation and an attempt to outrage the modesty of a woman.
Both the foreign nationals are students of BBA at a private institute. They were made to go through a medical examination as Hamif suffered injuries on his right arm when the accused threw stones at them.
As per the police, Karan and Mandeep are engineering students at a Landra college and live in Sector 40-C. Karan was recently released on bail after he was booked on charge of attempt to murder.
A medical examination of the accused was conducted at Government Multi-Speciality Hospital, Sector 16.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held