2 men held for duping 6 people
Kothrud police have arrested two brothers for allegedly duping at least six persons to the tune of Rs 16 lakh by assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara.
Police suspect these arrests are the tip of the iceberg and that more people who have been duped, will come to the fore.
The incident came to light after Dattatrey Kulkarni, 34, approached cops with the complaint about Aditya Malavade, his brother Ritesh and father Sanjay, all residents of Maharashtra Society.
Sub-inspector S Salunkhe who is investigating the case said, "We have arrested two brothers. Sanjay is still absconding. We have come to know that the suspects have a business of supplying building material.
"They approached some people assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara. They have taken about Rs 3 lakh from each candidate."
After Kulkarni's complaint, Kothrud police arrested Aditya and Ritesh.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow