2 minors raped in separate incidents
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Two minors were sexually abused in the capital.
In the first incident, a 17-year-old student of a private school was allegedly sodomised by two persons in the Mandir Marg area of New Delhi.
"The incident occurred on February 17 when the accused went to the victim's house for a party. After consuming alcohol, they reportedly sodomised him. They even stole some money," a senior police officer said.
In another incident, an 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Kotla Mubarakpur area of South Delhi on Monday evening.
Police said the accused was arrested on Monday evening.
A case under Section 376 (rape) has been registered against him at the Kotla Mubarakpur police station.
"The arrest was made based on a complaint by the girl's parents. The incident took place on Monday evening when the victim was alone at her house as her parents had gone to the market. He barged into her house and raped her. He threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident," a senior police officer said.
Jewellery, cash robbed from house in Shahdara
Masked men broke into a businessman's house Tuesday morning at Shahdara in East Delhi and robbed him of jewellery and cash amounting to a few lakh rupees. Police said the assailants held the victim's four-year-old son and wife hostage at knife-point.
"The assailants barged into the three-storey house of Arun Sharma (30), a businessman. They first stepped into an under-construction building next to Sharma's house and then jumped onto his building. They climbed into his house through the roof around 3.30 am and proceeded to the ground floor, where Sharma lives with his family," a senior police officer said.
The assailants allegedly took Sharma's son hostage, and bound Sharma. Police said the assailants, after ransacking Sharma's house, went to the first floor of the building, where his elder brother Praveen resides.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow