2 separate cases of eve-teasing reported in city in single day
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In one case, a couple had been walking when one of the accused got accidentally hit on the shoulder by the husband. Eventually, the trio eve-teased the wife and assaulted the husband
Chandigarh police has registered two cases of eve-teasing at two different places on Tuesday.
One incident took place at the Sector 22-B market. A couple had been walking when one of the three accused got accidentally hit on the shoulder by the husband. Eventually, the trio eve-teased the wife and assaulted the husband.
One of the accused, Deepak Bhalla, a resident of Sector 12, Chandigarh has been arrested while the arrest of the other two is pending. A case had been registered under sections 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt) and 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Another incident was reported by a PCR vehicle near the Government Girls College, Sector 42, Chandigarh. In this incident, a motorcycle bearing the number PB-10-CD-1523 sped away after teasing a girl. A case under the section 294 (obscene acts and songs) of the IPC has been registered against the motorcycle.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM