20-year-old woman immolates herself
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Twenty-year-old Daljit Kaur, a resident of Aman Nagar, on Tuesday immolated herself by pouring kerosene oil while she was in the bathroom. Police did not find any suicide note.
The woman was a BCA third year student and was studying through distance education. SHO Jatinderjeet Singh said that he would be going to her distance education centre on Wednesday to enquire about her performance in studies.
However, her parents said that she was weak in studies.
Manjit Singh, the father of Daljit, said that they had shifted from Mumbai two years back and had two daughters and a son. The parents had gone to attend a bhog ceremony and Daljit was at home with her younger brother and grandmother. According to the statement of the younger son, Daljit had asked for kerosene oil for cleaning the bathroom floor which was very dirty. However, soon thereafter, she had set herself on fire and was found dead in the bathroom itself.
The body was sent for post-mortem.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held