20-yr-old Pak girl fires at boyfriend after being rejected
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Three persons were injured in this eastern Pakistani city when a 20-year-old woman opened fire at her boyfriend after he refused to marry her, police officials said today.
Asia, who worked in a factory in Sanda area of Lahore, in a relationship with her co-worker 22-year-old Mohammad Faisal.
"The affair between them continued for a year or so, following which Faisal started to avoid her," a police official quoted Asia as saying.
"Faisal promised to marry me but he stopped taking interest in me. I was upset for the past few days after he told me that he was going to marry another girl," Asia told the police.
Yesterday, Asia arranged a gun and some bullets and opened fire at Faisal and his friend, Mohammad Shakir, outside the factory where they worked.
The firing injured both men and a passerby. Asia tried to flee but she was overpowered by passersby and handed her over to police.
The injured men were taken to Mayo Hospital, where doctors described Faisal's condition as critical.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM