21-year-old rapes class II student, arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Bhosari police on Monday arrested a youth for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl, who is a student of Class II in a local school. The suspect has been identified as Ramprakash Yadav (21), a resident of Khandoba Mal, Bhosari, and a native of Uttar Pradesh.
Police said the girl had come to her aunt's house in Yadav's neighbourhood. On February 14, they said, Yadav allegedly lured the girl to his room on the promise of giving her chocolates.
He allegedly raped the girl there and then threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.
The girl did not tell anything to her family members initially but she started feeling unwell soon and looked nervous. She finally revealed the incident to her mother on Sunday. Her parents then lodged a complaint against Yadav at the Bhosari police station on Monday morning. Yadav has been booked under Section 376 of the IPC and other Sections of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow