22 PGI profs promoted
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Standing Selection Committee of the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh on Monday decided to promote 22 professors of the institute to the level of senior professors.
According to PGI sources, the decision was taken in the meeting held on Monday, which was chaired by Dr VM Katoch, who is the chairman of the PGIMER Standing Selection Committee.
Some of those who were promoted to the level of senior professor included Dr Arvind Rajwanshi, head, department of cytology, Dr SN Mathuriya, head, neurosurgery, Dr Meera Sharma, head, medical microbiology, Dr Suneet Singhi, head, pediatrics and Dr YK Chawla, director of the institute and head, department of hepatology, Dr KL Khanduja, head, biophysics, Dr Pratibha Singha, professor, pediatrics, Dr KD Gill, biochemistry, Dr AJ Kanwar, head, dermatology and Dr Rajinder Singh, head, general surgery.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet