23-year-old booked for suicide attempt
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Police said an alcoholic Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Pimpri, was admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital for rehabilitation
Police have booked a 23-year-old man for allegedly trying to commit suicide by hurting himself with a broken liquor bottle in front of a police chowky in Pimpri.
Police said Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Nehrunagar, Pimpri, was an alcoholic and had been admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Pimpri by his parents for rehabilitation.
He came out of the hospital on the pretext of having tea. However, instead of going to a tea shop he headed for a nearby toddy shop and bought a bottle of liquor.
After consuming the liquor, Jadhav stood in front of Sant Tukaram Nagar police chowky. He then broke the bottle
and stabbed himself in the stomach shouting loudly, "I don't want to live. I want to die", said the police.
Constable R G Bangar, who was standing in front of the chowky, overpowered Jadhav and took him back to the hospital.
Police have booked Jadhav under Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM