23-year-old Surat woman claims was gangraped by 12
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 23-year-old woman has alleged she was raped by 12 people in Pandesara area of Surat Tuesday night.
The woman, a mother of two, was brought to New Civil Hospital Wednesday for medical examination. Police said they were in the process of registering a complaint.
As per the version given to police by the woman, a resident of Khajurawadi in Muglisara, she was waiting for someone in Majuragate area Tuesday night when two youths approached her and forcibly took her along on a motorbike to Bamroli in Pandesara. They reached a room where two more youths were waiting. All four allegedly threatened and raped her, before allowing her to leave.
As the woman was returning home in an autorickshaw in the midnight, eight youths caught hold of her again and beat up the driver, before taking her along with them. According to the woman, she was again taken to a room in Bamroli area where she was raped by them. She was let off early Wednesday morning, when she phoned a friend at Bamroli and returned home with her. The woman later informed the police about the incident.
Police Commissioner Rakesh Ashtaana said, "We have sent the girl to a hospital for medical examination and started the procedure for registering a case. At present, it is difficult to say anything."
Woman raped, male friend beaten up in Mehsana
A 37-year-old widow was raped last night by two unidentified people even as her male friend was stripped and beaten up mercilessly, the police said on Wednesday.
An Unjha police official said the woman and the man were talking to each other sitting in a vehicle when the two men arrived on their two-wheeler and threatened the woman's colleague with a knife.
The duo then stripped the man and beat him up, the police said, adding one of the two assailants then tied the woman's hands and legs with her sari before both of them took turns to rape her.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet