24 hours into her new job, SCERT chief removed ‘without reason’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
"I had collected the appointment letter from Shambhu Singh Yadav, special secretary to CM, and taken charge. Now, things have changed," she remarked.
This is not the first time such a thing has happened with Shukla. During the Assembly elections last year, the SP had given her the ticket for Lambhua in Sultanpur district, only to change it; then named her again, and again dropped her. In fact, the candidate for Lambhua was changed nine times before Santosh Pandey was finally selected. At present, Shukla is national secretary of the Samajwadi Mahila Sabha, the SP women's wing.
The party's state spokesperson Rajendra Choudhary said Shukla's order had been withdrawn "for correction, a new order will be issued in 2-3 days". However, he added: "It is not certain that Shukla will be reappointed on the same post. There may be some change."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet