25 hurt as truck falls into gorge
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
About 25 persons were injured when a truck going from Yamunanagar to Paonta Sahib last evening slipped into a deep gorge near Lal Dhang. The truck was carrying pilgrims going to Hola Mohalla.
Police soon rushed to the spot, and the help of local residents was also taken for providing medical assistance. DSP Paonta Sahib Virender Thakur said the seriously injured persons were brought to a hospital at Paonta Sahib for treatment. The police later got the truck pulled out.
The Truck Operator Union of Paonta Sahib and other volunteer organizations provided their ambulances to carry the injured persons to Yamuna Nagar and Paonta Sahib. The doctors on duty said all the injured persons were out of danger. Free treatment was provided to the patients.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet