28 boxes of liquor seized, 2 arrested
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The Anti-Narcotic and anti- illicit liquor smuggling wing of police commissionerate Ludhiana has arrested two accused in two separate cases and have recovered 28 boxes of illicit liquor from their possession. The accused were carrying the liquor in their cars. The police have also recovered cars from their possession.
According to Sub-Inspector Harbans Singh, SHO police station Dehlon, who is also incharge of anti narcotic and anti illicit liquor smuggling wing, the police have put up naka at Kaind Canal Bridge on Saturday. The police have stopped a car and frisked on suspicion and recovered 20 boxes of illicit liquor from the car. The police have arrested the accused and registered a case against him in police station Dehlon. The accused has been identified as Lakhwinder Singh alias Gona of Bhattiyan bet area of Ludhiana.
The accused has admitted that he used to smuggle liquor from other districts and used to sell it in Ludhiana. According to SI Singh the accused has been also facing trial of such cases. In such another case the police have arrested Balvir Singh of Santokh Nagar of Phillaur and have recovered 8 boxes of illicit liquor from his possession. The accused was arrested from Kailash Nagar GT road on Saturday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet