28-yr-old arrested for sexual assault on minor
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Police on Sunday arrested a 28-year old married man for having 'unnatural sex' with a six-year-old girl.
Police said that one Raju of Mouli Jagran was booked under Section 377 of the IPC after the parents of the minor girl filed a complaint in this regard.
Police officers said the accused used to drive the auto of the victim's family and committed the crime with her in the vehicle two days back. The girl reported the matter to her parents following which a case was registered.
Chowki incharge, Sector 16 police post, Panchkula, Sewa Singh said the accused had confessed to his crime. Two days back, the girl asked Raju to get her some candies from the market when her parents had gone to Chandigarh. Around 9.30 pm, the accused took the girl from her house in Rajiv Colony to the market and committed the crime under the cover of darkness.
Police said the girl's parents came late from Chandigarh where they run a fruit business. The victim did not tell them about the incident in the evening. Next day when she complained of pain, she narrated the entire incident to them. Later, the parents approached the police post.
Singh said that they had got the victim's medical examination done. "The report has confirmed the unnatural sex. The girl has suffered bruises," he added.
According to the police investigations, Raju has a son as well.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held