28-yr-old asks 2 men for directions, they gangrape her near Red Fort
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A 28-year-old woman was raped by two men whose help she had sought when she lost her way near Red Fort on Wednesday afternoon. Police said Rahul (22) was arrested, while his associate managed to escape.
The woman, a resident of Jahangirpuri, was staying at her friend's house in Kashmere Gate for the past two days, police sources said. She had gone shopping in the afternoon and could not find her way back to her friend's house, police said.
In her complaint to police, the woman said she asked Rahul and his friend for directions. One of them told her that they were going towards Kashmere Gate and they could take her along via a shortcut.
"She accepted the man's offer and went with him and his friend. The men took her through narrow bylanes of Kashmere Gate," a police source said.
Police at a secluded spot behind the Red Fort complex, the men pulled her into a deserted lane and took turns to rape her.
"The woman said she raised the alarm but no one was around. She said she tried to resist them, but was overpowered," a police officer said.
Police said a passerby heard the woman's calls for help and ran to rescue her. The passerby also made a PCR call and a team of policemen from the Red Fort kotwali reached the spot.
"The woman was taken to a hospital for a medical examination, which confirmed rape. A case has been registered," police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held