2G: Witness identifies Anil Ambani's signature
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A CBI witness in the 2G allocation case on Monday identified the signature of Reliance ADAG chairman Anil Ambani on the documents attached to the account opening form of AAA Consultancy Services Co. (P) Ltd, allegedly an "associate" company of Reliance ADAG.
The CBI, in its charge-sheet filed on April 2, 2011, had alleged that AAA Consultancy Services Co. (P) Limited was one of the associate companies of Reliance ADAG whose group firm Reliance Telecom Limited had used Swan Telecom, an ineligible company, as its front company to get the costly 2G licences.
Three top executives of Reliance ADAG along with Reliance Telecom Ltd, Swan Telecom and its promoters are facing trial in the case.
Deposing as a CBI witness, Hasit Shukla, the president of Reliance Communications (P) Ltd, identified the signatures of Anil Ambani on the documents attached to the account opening form of AAA Consultancy Services Co.(P) Ltd.
"...On page 19 of this document are the photographs of Anil D Ambani and Tina A Ambani with their signatures at points A and B, which I identify," Shukla told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Vahanvati to testify on February 27
Attorney General G E Vahanvati is likely to appear on February 27 before a Delhi court hearing the 2G case to depose as a prosecution witness.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’