3 bar staff stabbed to death in Mumbai
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Three employees of a bar were found stabbed to death in Vidyavihar area of Mumbai Saturday morning. Police said they suspected that a fourth employee of the bar killed them out of "deep hatred" — going by the manner in which they were stabbed multiple times.
They, however, did not rule out the possibility of a conspiracy involving more people.
The victims were identified as sweeper Vasant Mudira (30), watchman Bhaskar Dalvi (54) and waiter Raja Dakholia (33). They worked Natraj Bar and Restaurant.
Police claimed the suspect had an affair with a woman working in the bar and had a tiff with Dakholia over her a few days ago. The woman has been detained.
No sign of struggle or robbery was found at the crime site. The bar CCTV did not have a record between 2.13 and 4 am, pointing to an insider job.
"The victims had more than 10 stab wounds each. From the brutality of the murders we can assume the killer had deep hatred for the victims," said Qaiser Khalid, ACP (eastern region).
When all employees of the bar were called for questioning, it was found that one was missing. He was on his way to his village by a 4 am train without taking leave. The police tried calling him on his cellphone but found it switched off, raising suspicion.
A sniffer dog led police to a railway station. "We are tracking his mobile and have sent a team to nab him," said an officer at Tilak Nagar Police Station.
Blood was found splattered not only all over the floor, but also over the furniture in the ground+1 bar. The watchman had 17 wounds, while Bhaskar had 12 wounds in his body.
The police said, it appeared that the suspect, who knew Dakholia slept in the garage after the bar closed, entered the premises with the intent to kill him. He possibly first stabbed watchman Dalvi sleeping near the main gate and switched off the CCTV after entering the bar. Police believe he then entered the garage and killed the sweeper to prevent identification before turning on Dakholia.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet