3 BSF jawans injured in militant attack
Three BSF jawans were injured, one of them critically, in a militant attack today on their convoy in the outskirts of the city, police said.
The ultras opened firing on the convoy of 8th Battalion BSF near Chanapora bridge in the outskirts of city this morning, resulting in injuries to three constables, the police said.
All the three injured personnel have been admitted to 92 Base Hospital of the Army at Badamibagh cantonment, the police said.
The injured have been identified as Constables Hem Singh, Kalita and Saikia. Condition of Kalita is stated to be critical as he has been hit by a bullet in the ear.
Two empty cartridges of AK ammunition have been recovered from the scene of the incident. This is second attack on security forces in as many weeks. On March 13, five CRPF personnel were killed and several others injured in a suicide attack by Lashkar-e-Toiba militants in Bemina area of the city.
Two militants were killed in the retaliatory action, while police has arrested four persons including a Pakistani national in the course of investigations into the attack.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations