3 injured after being hit by SP MLA’s vehicle
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Three persons, including two girl students of a local college, were injured when they were hit by an SUV belonging to Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning. The condition of one of the girls, undergoing treatment at the district hospital, was stated to be critical.
The driver of the vehicle escaped, leaving the vehicle at the spot and is yet to be arrested.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late evening. SSP Singh said that he was busy in VIP duty and was not aware about the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Yadav said that a Toyota Innova hit three persons, including the two students near FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a youth too. The driver escaped from the spot.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held