3 leopards electrocuted in Gondia forest
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Three leopards were electrocuted in the forest of Dhamnewada village in Tiroda tehsil of Gondia district on November 29.
This is the second incident of three leopards getting electrocuted simultaneously in the last few months. A similar incident had happened near Pench Tiger Reserve in May.
The Gondia incident came to light on Sunday. Deputy Conservator of Forest, Gondia, Rama Rao told The Indian Express: "Three leopards, between one and three years old, were electrocuted by a wire that was laid to kill herbivores. We have arrested the suspects, one of whom is a repeat offender. They have been remanded in custody till December 5."
Asked if the leopards could be siblings, Rao said: "Going by the fact that they all were electrocuted at the same place, they could be siblings."
The main alleged offender, Ravi Dhurve, was also arrested in a sloth bear electrocution case three years ago, according to Rao. Dhurve's accomplice Nehal Maraskolhe was arrested too while the third suspect, Babulal Badhade, managed to abscond, said Rao.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held