3 more lepto cases from Tapi
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
With three more cases of leptospirosis detected on Friday evening among the farm labourers in Tapi district, the total number of cases reported in the districts of Surat and Tapi has gone up to 33 in this season.
Of the 33, 18 are from the tribal-dominated Tapi district, which has reported three of the six deaths in the region so far because of the disease.
Dr M K Wadhel, the medical superintendent of the New Civil Hospital in Surat where the new three patients were being treated, said, "We are trying out level best to save the lives of tribal people. But they turn up late at our hospital as a result of which chances of saving their lives become less."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet