3 more rapes in Haryana, more than 50 in 3 months
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In further embarrassment to the Haryana government, three more rape incidents, including two of minor girls, came to light on Saturday.
While a 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour at Sikri village in Ballabgarh area of Faridabad district on Friday, the two other girls, including a Dalit, were allegedly gangraped in two different incidents in Hisar and Bhiwani districts.
In the case of the Faridabad girl, the accused Parvinder sneaked into victim's house in the absence of her father and committed rape after giving her sedative-laced food to her, police said.
The victim's father, who found the girl unconscious when he returned home, informed the police.
"We are waiting for victim's medical report after which a case will be lodged," investigating officer Bhim Singh said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding accused.
Meanwhile, the Police officials said that a 16-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped by four youths in Hisar on November 3, but the victim informed her family on Friday.
The victim, a Class IX student, alleged that she was forcibly tied, threatened and raped by the four accused at her house, while her parents were away.
After the girl disclosed the incident, the family approached police and a case was registered against the accused, two of whom belong to Jat community while the two others are Dalits.
The girl's father told reporters in Hisar on Saturday that the accused had threatened to eliminate his family "if we approach the police".
"The accused, identified as Kuldeep, Deepu, Pawan and Vijay, have been arrested. Further investigation is on," Superintendent of Police, Hisar, B Satheesh Balan said.
In the second incident, a 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths in Dadri sub-division on November 8. Two of the three accused have been arrested, police said, adding that the victim had been kidnapped by the youths after which they committed the crime. In both the cases, the girls were medically examined and the doctors confirmed sexual assault.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'