3 of family die as truck turns turtle
Tragedy struck a family on New Year's day. A man, his wife and their two-year-old child died on the spot after a truck turned turtle on the old Pune-Mumbai highway near Wadgaon Maval on Sunday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Bharat Kondiba Gore (26), his wife Anita (24) and son Onkar. According to Wadgaon Maval police, Gore was a resident of Pasure village in Bhor and worked as a contract labourer at a factory in Maval. The family was on its way to Bhor and had taken a lift in a truck carrying milk.
PSI P B Suryavanshi said, "The accident took place in front of Deccan Warehouse. Prima facie, it appears that the driver lost control of the truck and it rammed into the divider. It then turned turtle. The three, who were sitting in the cabin of the truck, died on the spot." Police have arrested the driver Gorakhnath Takavale (34).
Two killed in mishaps
Two persons were killed in two accidents in city. The first occurred on Hinjewadi-Wakad Road, where a Amol Gawai (25), who was riding pillion, was killed after the bike hit the divider at 12.30 am on Sunday. Sub-inspector Khatmode said, "We suspect the man who was riding the bike was drunk." In another accident in Hadapsar, Eknath Bhanudas Aaran was killed after the bike he was riding was hit by a vehicle near Gadital on Saturday.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations