3 security men injured in encounter with Maoists
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A Maoist was on Tuesday killed while three security personnel, including a CRPF commandant, were injured in an encounter between the two sides in the district.
On information that the ultra-left wing guerrillas had gathered near the village, about 80 km from Ranchi, the police rushed to the spot around 4 am, SP Anup Birtheray said.
In the ensuing encounter, CRPF Commandant R R Mishra, a CoBRA jawan and a district police man suffered injuries, and were admitted to a hospital, he said.
One Maoist was killed and the retreating rebels fled with the body, police added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’