3 teachers arrested for molesting girls in PT class
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Three Physical Education Teachers (PETs) were Tuesday arrested for allegedly molesting Class X girls of a Wadala school, after a 15-year-old girl lodged a complaint that the three had been molesting girls on the pretext of imparting physical training (PT), and that it had been going for the past several months, police said.
The three, Madan Kolkar (23), Deepak Aware (26) and Kishor Baragal (22), had been PETs at J K Knowledge Park in Wadala East for the past one year and would allegedly pass inappropriate remarks at girls during classes.
On Tuesday afternoon, a 15-year-old girl approached Wadala police with her parents and lodged a complaint. The three PETs were arrested from the school.
According to the girl's statement to police, the three had been taking advantage of PT classes to inappropriately touch students and they also passed lewd remarks at them. The children were allegedly subjected to the ordeal at PT classes everyday at the school playground. The three allegedly warned the girls not to speak about it to anyone.
After another PT class on Tuesday, the girl returned home and told her parents about it. They took her to Wadala police station to register a complaint.
"We have recorded statements of three students so far but they haven't spoken very clearly because they are traumatised and afraid to speak out against their school. We are trying to take them into confidence," Inspector Madhav Torne said.
Man held for raping 7-yr-old
A 32-year-old man was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly raping a seven-year-old girl last week in Sai Nagar slum in Marol, Andheri East. On Friday, Shashikant Oza allegedly lured the girl by offering her chocolate and raped her, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet