3 workers die in gas leak at chemical plant
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Three workers died following a gas leak at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics in Ankleshwar industrial area Saturday, police said.
"The gas leak was reported at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics, resulting in death of Ratan Rajput (23), Sanjay Prajapti (22) and Ghanshyam Kalsaria (22)," they said without elaborating. Following the incident, a team headed by deputy director of Industrial Safety and Health, Vijay Patel, reached the spot and served a closure notice on the company, officials said.
"If the company is found responsible for negligence, legal action would be initiated against them," Patel said.
Meanwhile, workers at the plant where the mishap occurred held protests. Meghmani Organics, in a statement, said, "An accident has taken place at our plant situated at GIDC Ankleshwar and three staff members have been hospitalised. Necessary steps are being taken to provide best treatment to them."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'