31-yr-old woman ‘ends life’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 31-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at her residence in East Delhi on Friday night. The incident was reported from Chandra Nagar in M S Park on Friday, when the father found her hanging from the ceiling fan of her room. The woman, Shefali, worked as a tutor in her colony and was reportedly depressed over some personal matter.
On Friday, Shefali's father Ashok found his house locked from inside when he returned home after work around 7 pm. According to police, Shefali's father broke the door open with the help of a neighbour and found his daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. The police were informed, after which they rushed her to the GTB Hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival. No suicide note was recovered from her possession.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations