33-year-old man arrested for fraud
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 33-year-old man was arrested for cheating people on the pretext of helping them deposit money in their accounts.
The accused has been identified as Deepak, a resdient of Haryana. With his arrest, the police claimed to have solved six such cases.
According to police, there were several complaints about fraudsters using this modus operandi. Police recently received a similar complaint from an Andhra Pradesh resident.
"We started looking for the accused after receiving the complaint. While patrolling the Desh Bandhu Gupta Road, police personnel spotted a man being chased by locals. Our team arrested him," Additional Commissioner of Police (Central) Devesh Srivastava said.
During questioning, Deepak told police that he targeted senior citizens or those who did not know how to deposit money to their accounts.
He commited his first crime some years ago, when he visited the bank to deposit money belonging to someone known to him.
"At the bank, a senior citizen asked him for help to deposit Rs 19,000 as there was a long queue. Deepak took the money from him and fled without depositing it," Srivastava said.
The reporter is a student of Express Institute of Media Studies
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet