39 bar girls held in Mumbai raids
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Andheri Police and a special squad of the Additional Commissioner (West Region) raided the Ram Bhuvan and Classic bars in Andheri (East) at around 9 pm on Wednesday and arrested 39 bar girls and eight other employees and managerial staff for allegedly indulging in indecent behaviour.
Police said ACP Vishwas Nangre-Patil had received a tip-off about alleged indecent behaviour by women at the bars.
Police officers were sent as decoy customers to the bars. After they confirmed the police suspicion, the raid party rushed in. The arrested include owners, managers and cashiers of the bars.
"All accused have been booked under IPC sections 294 for obscene acts and songs and 34 for common intent. They were granted bail after being produced before the Andheri court on Thursday," said Pradip Gosavi, senior police inspector of Andheri police station.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow