3-yr-old missing boy found dead in nullah
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Ganesh Pathor of Kandivali (West) had followed father out of house.
The body of a three-year-old boy, who was missing for the past two days, was found in a drain near his house in Kandivali (West) on Friday morning.
Post-mortem revealed he died of drowning, but police are investigating all angles since the boy had injuries to his eye.
Ganesh Pathor of Sunder Nagar in Laljipada went missing on Wednesday morning after he followed father Vinod out of the house. Vinod had stepped out to buy a chocolate for his elder son.
"The boy went missing around 11 am. Ganesh saw Vinod going out and followed him," said senior inspector Harishwar Pimple of Kandivali police station.
"When Ganesh did not return home till afternoon, his family checked with neighbours and searched the whole area in vain. It finally approached police in the evening," he said.
"Around 7.30 am on Friday, locals found a body in the nullah and informed police. Word spread and the family rushed to the site and identified the body," said Pimple.
"The child's house is barely 100 metres from the nullah. He might have fallen and drowned. We are investigating all possible angles," said Pimple, adding, "We will check if someone tried to blind the boy."
October 2012: A Gujarat businesswoman was found dead in Kanjurmarg. She had come to Mumbai for a transaction but was kidnapped, robbed and murdered. Her associate was also kidnapped but managed to escape
August 2012: Five-year-old Sonu Vishwakarma was kidnapped by neighbour Manish Kumar (19) and strangled to death. Kumar demanded a ransom of Rs 25,000 but was arrested
April 2012: Three-year-old Angelle Sharma went missing from her Cuffe Parade house on April 19. Her body was found floating in the sea at Marine Drive a few hours later
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet