4 abduct trader, flee with car
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A businessman was kidnapped at gun-point and robbed of his car and belongings in Sector-3 of Rohini, Outer Delhi, on Saturday night.
Surendra Kumar, police said, managed to escape a few hours after he was abducted.
According to police, Kumar, a resident of Prem Nagar, had gone to a temple for the evening prayers on Saturday night. Around 10 pm, he got into his Swift car to return home. At the same time, four armed miscreants forcibly got inside his car and threatened him at gun-point.
"They drove to various places in the city and robbed him of his belongings, including Rs 17,000," a senior police officer said.
Police said Kumar got a chance to escape when the car's right wheel got stuck in a ditch around 3.30 am on Sunday. Later he realised he was in Bamnoli village in Jhajjar, Haryana.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held