4 held for attacking Bholi Mahant, had got supari of Rs 2 lakh
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Police on Sunday arrested a group of four persons who were involved in attacking Bholi Mahant on November 23. A supari of Rs 2 lakh was given by Mahant Tej to four persons to kill Bholi, reveal investigations.
ACP Swapan Sharma said the division of areas was the reason behind this crime.
The arrested accused are Tejo Mahant, Imitiaz Ahmed, who hails from Bihar, Ramji Paswan and Durga Singhania. Apart from Rs 2 lakh, Rs 2,000 extra were given to buy illegal ammunition which Durga had purchased from UP.
On November 23, three persons had entered the Dera of Bholi Mahant to seek blessings and later shot her with a pistol. She suffered injury in stomach and was later admitted to DMCH.
Imitiaz and Ramji were arrested with a .315 bore pistol and two live cartridges. Durga was arrested from Khushi Ram sweet shop, said police.
Mahants go around in different areas over the birth of a child or on a wedding and they go as per the area division done by the group of Mahants. Tejo Mahant said Bholi was seeking some more area which was not acceptable and hence the supari killing was planned.
Durga was the mastermind in this crime who already has many cases registered against him. He had been jailed for six months in illegal arms case earlier as well.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow