4 held for extortion bid in Vadodara
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A day after two men were arrested for allegedly posing as journalists and threatening a shop owner, the Vadodara police Friday arrested two more members of the gang from the city.
The two arrested today were identified as Mayur Raulji (36) and Deepak Kandoi (27). The Makarpura police picked them up from their residences after getting a tip-off in the afternoon.
"They were part of the four-member gang that threatened Manish Agarwal, owner of a sweets shop on Tarsali, and demanded Rs 10,000 from him," sub-inspector Balvantsinh Bambhania, who is investigating the case, said.
The police had arrested Vijay Parmar (23) and Nilesh Pattani (32) on Thursday after Agarwal informed them. "The four identified themselves as journalists of Sardar News, which does not exist. They told Agarwal that he was using gas from his domestic connection for commercial purpose and demanded money. They threatened to file a complaint with the district supply officer if he did not give them money," Bambhania said.
The police have filed a case of trespassing, threatening and attempting to extort money against the four.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held