4 youth gangrape Class IX student in West Bengal
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A Class IX girl student was gangraped allegedly by four youth, who gagged and tied up a male friend accompanying her in adjoining South 24 Parganas district, police said today.
The girl, who had set out with the friend from Joynagar on bicycle for a relative's home at Nalua, was stopped by the four youths at Bhaganpur, Additional Superintendent of Police Kankar Prasad Barui said today.
The youth, who were unidentified, gagged and bound the male friend and allegedly gangraped the girl who fell unconscious, Barui said.
Villagers discovered the two this morning and informed the father of the girl, Renupasad Halder, he said.
The father took his daughter to the Joynagar Police Station where an FIR was filed against the four unidentified youth, the ASP said.
The girl was taken to the district headquarters town for an initial checkup and later brought to the metropolis for medical tests, Barui said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet