40 firecracker shops gutted
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Around 40 firecracker shops were gutted in a fire in south Gujarat on Monday but no casualty was reported, officials said.
The fire started in a make-shift cracker market, set up near the municipality office on the occasion of Diwali, due to a fault in electrical cable, fire brigade officials said.
Around 40 shops were gutted, they said adding, the flames were brought under control after some time. This is the second major fire incident involving cracker shops in Gujarat in the last three days.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations