400 fall ill after eating khichdi at puja pandal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
KOLKATA: At least 400 people have taken ill after eating khichdi at a Durga puja pandal in Howrah on Friday. Eleven of them are said to be in critical condition and were admitted at Uluberia sub-divisional hospital. The victims are mostly residents of Kumarchowk village.
One killed in firecracker unit blast
Howrah: One person was killed and three others injured in a blast in a temporary firecracker unit at Shyampur in Howrah district on Saturday. The police said Shansankasekhar Maity (70) died on the spot and three others working in the unit suffered burn injury and the small house was damaged in the impact of the blast at Naskarpara village. Two fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames, officials said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow