45-yr-old held for raping mentally challenged woman
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In a shocking incident, a 45-year-old man allegedly raped a mentally challenged woman in her thirties. Police said the accused, Taranjeet Singh living in the EWS colony on Chandigarh road and working as a waiter, was returning home on January 12, when he saw the woman sitting beside the road in Guru Arjun Dev Nagar.
Police further said that the accused found her shivering in the cold and offered to provide her shelter at his house. He allegedly then raped her at his house. Neighbours found the woman outside his home the next day and reported the matter to the police. Taranjeet was arrested on Sunday. The medical tests have confirmed that the woman was raped and she has been admitted to the Civil hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM