4-year-old Dalit girl raped and strangled to death in Meerut
The body of a four-year-old Dalit girl, who was allegedly raped and strangled to death, was found in Majra Nayagaon village under Inchauli police station here on Wednesday, the police said today.
The girl's father has lodged a complaint in the local police station. "We have made a few arrests but the real culprit is absconding," said Jitendra Rane, incharge of Inchauli police station.
The victim went to school in morning but didn't return home. Later, her semi-naked body was recovered from the jungle, the police said. According to the postmortem report, the girl was strangled to death after the rape.
This is the third instance of crime reported in the city within a week. On November 20, a silver merchant, Riyazuddin, was abducted from Nandvihar colony and later his mutilated body was recovered from the railway track in Maliana. His family created a ruckus at the Delhi Gate police station following which a case of abduction and murder was lodged against seven persons. But no arrests have been made so far.
On November 19, six armed robbers attacked the wife and mother of an employee of the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, but the police have so far failed to make any arrests in this connection.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow